Made by Malyia is a jewelry and lifestyle brand founded in 2014 by Malyia McNaughton, a self- taught designer based in Brooklyn, NYC. Growing up the youngest of five kids in the Bronx, Malyia was fashion obsessed at a young age and often reinvented her style. After graduating from The Florida State University, she seized opportunities to work with NYC’s leading fashion brands.
Black History Fact: Modernist jewelry designer Art Smith was one of the major 20th century jewelry artists. Art Smith was born to Jamaican parents in Cuba in 1917, but his family settled in Brooklyn, N.Y., in 1920. He received a scholarship to Cooper Union, where he was one of only a handful of Black students. After college, he also took a night course in jewelry making at New York University.
If you are interested in this prize, here is how it works:
1. Each raffle ticket is $20.
2. Tickets are available on our site – link in bio.
3. More tickets = more chances to win!
4. International entries are welcome.
5. Deadline for entry: Mon. 2/28 at 11:59PM EST.
6. All Winners will be randomly selected, contacted, announced + tagged: Friday 3/4 on Instagram.
7. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
All funds raised during our Black History Month Raffle will be donated to @BlackinJewelryCoalition, the first international non-profit dedicated to advancing Black professionals in the gem, jewelry, and watch industry. Through education, networking and mentorship, BIJC is creating opportunities and a network of support for a more diverse and equitable jewelry industry.