The first Black owned and female winery of Washington State, brought to you by Samsonova Consulting (the 6th prize). Frichette Winery is a family-owned limited production winery crafting wines that showcase the best of the Red Mountain AVA. Please note the eligible states for shipping.
Black History Fact: John June Lewis, Sr., who is recognized as the first Black American winemaker in the U.S. John June Lewis, Sr. fell in love with wine and viticulture while stationed in France during World War I. Shortly after prohibition ended, he inherited land in Clarksville, Virginia, and by 1933, he began to grow his first grapes on the land. In 1940, Lewis opened Woburn Winery and sold his wines to locals until he passed in 1974. The Woburn Winery is the first Black American-owned winery in the U.S. and is believed to have been the only Virginia winery to produce wine solely from its own grapes at the time.
If you are interested in this prize, here is how it works:
1. Each raffle ticket is $20.
2. Tickets are available on our site – link in bio.
3. More tickets = more chances to win!
4. International entries are welcome.
5. Deadline for entry: Mon. 2/28 at 11:59PM EST.
6. All Winners will be randomly selected, contacted, announced + tagged: Friday 3/4 on Instagram.
7. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
All funds raised during our Black History Month Raffle will be donated to @BlackinJewelryCoalition, the first international non-profit dedicated to advancing Black professionals in the gem, jewelry, and watch industry. Through education, networking and mentorship, BIJC is creating opportunities and a network of support for a more diverse and equitable jewelry industry.